Taichung Mass Rapid Transit Corporation newly opened the Taichung Metro Green Line (台中捷運緑線) on Monday, November 16, 2020, which is the first urban railway in central Taiwan.
The 16.7km line opened this time is from Beitun in the northeastern Taichung to HSR Taichung Station, which connects to the Taiwan High Speed Rail via the downtown, and has a total of 18 stations (all in Taichung City).
- Beitun Main Station (103a: 北屯總站)
- Jiushe Station (103: 舊社)
- Songzhu Station (104: 松竹)…connecting to the TRA Taichung Line
- Sihwei Elementary School Station (105: 四維國小)
- Wenxin Chongde Station (106: 文心崇德)
- Wenxin Zhongqing Station (107: 文心中清)
- Wenhua Senior High School Station (108: 文華高中)
- Wenxin Yinghua Station (109: 文心櫻花)
- Taichung City Hall Station (110: 市政府)
- Shui-an Temple Station (111: 水安宮)
- Wenxin Forest Park Station (112: 文心森林公園)
- Nantun Station (113: 南屯)
- Feng-le Park Station (114: 豐樂公園)
- Daqing Station (115: 大慶)…connecting to the TRA Taichung Line
- Jiuzhangli Station (116: 九張犁)
- Jiude Station (117: 九德)
- Wuri Station (118: 烏日)
- HSR Taichung Station (119: 高鐵臺中站)…connecting to the Taiwan High Speed Rail and the TRA Taichung Line
The first one month until Tuesday, December 15, 2020 is the trial run period, and people can ride for free with the IC ticket. The official opening date is scheduled for Saturday, December 19, 2020.
Vehicles capable of unmanned autonomous driving were manufactured by Kawasaki Heavy Industries of Japan, and half were manufactured by Taiwan Rolling Stock Company, a local manufacturer. No driver is assigned and the entire section is elevated, so people can expect an open front view.